United Journal of Chemistry uses double-blind review, which means that both the reviewer and author identities are concealed from the reviewers, and vice versa, throughout the review process.
- The author submits a manuscript and it receives a tracking number.
- An editor is assigned to the manuscript.
- The editorial team decides whether to send the manuscript out to review. If the decision is not to send the manuscript for review, the editor contacts the author with the decision and the author can choose to transfer their manuscript to another journal
- If the decision is to send the manuscript for review, the editor assigns potential reviewers to the manuscript and the author is notified.
- Reviewers agree to review the manuscript.
- Reviewers submit their reports to the editor.
- The editorial team discusses the reports and the editor makes the final decision. This process may involve further consultation with the reviewers and editor-mediated communications between the reviewers.
- The editor contacts the author with the decision.
- If the decision is negative, the author can choose to transfer their manuscript to another journal.